The University of Asia and the Pacific’s Center for Social Responsibility will be holding its 3rd National Sustainability Conference tomorrow, 20 November at the Dizon Auditorium, University of the Asia and the Pacific, Ortigas Center, Pasig City.
This year’s conference highlights the role of the YOUTH in creating a sustainable future as well as on BUSINESS innovations that can best contribute to the creation of shared value and inclusive growth. This combination of young leaders passion and business CEO’s insights will offer unrivaled generational perspectives on how best to shape a sustainable future for the Philippines.
The organizers has reformatted the program to allow more participants interaction, spontaneous peer-to-peer sharing and hands-on experience. Specifically, the morning session will be devoted to the student and youth participants while the afternoon session will have an interactive set-up involving the youth, corporate participants, academic experts, social media practitioners, and civil society leaders.
Here are good reasons why you should take part in this year’s conference:
- Fresh learning opportunities on the latest and future trends in sustainability practices, and a chance for you to learn how they can be applied to your own work;
- High quality and cutting-edge insights from the country’s respected business executives, youth leaders, academic and professional experts;
- The opportunity to expand your network and interact with more than 200 participants especially the youth through the Philippine Education Network (PEN), a group of 30 colleges and universities nationwide, along with student leaders from top universities in Metro Manila
- Unique platform to impress upon the participants the business sector’s contribution to a sustainable future, thereby, influencing the youth’s career options for employment
Want to know more what’s in store? Take a look at the roster of topics and speakers:
The Future We Want: Seeing Sustainability through the Lenses of the Youth
- What is Sustainability? by Ms. Marilou Erni, General Manager, Petron Foundation
- Enabling the Youth to Promote Sustainability through Social Media by Ms. Maria Ressa, CEO, Rappler
- Best Practices and Innovations in Youth-Business Partnerships by Ms. Agnes De Jesus, SVP, Energy Development Corporation (EDC)/Mr. Dave Devilles, Senior Corporate Communications Specialist, EDC
- Youth and Sustainability Issues in Everyday Life: How young People can Make a Big Difference through Small Concrete Steps by Ms. Techie Cano Lopez, AVP, TeaM Energy/ Mr. Ricky de Castro, SBEP & Executive Director, TeaM Energy
Sustainable Philippines: Business Contribution to Creating Shared Value and Inclusive Growth
- Moving Toward a Sustainable Philippines: The Crucial Role of the Private Sector and the Youth by Dr. Bernardo Villegas, Professor, UA&P
- Creating Shared Value and Inclusive Growth: Perspectives from the Corporate Practitioners
Panel of Speakers:
Philippine Long Distance Company
Chamber of Mines of the Philippines
Center for Food and Agribusiness, UA&P
San Roque Power
For reservation and any inquiries, please contact Mr. Carl Moog (email@example.com) at 6370912 loc. 302
or 360. Thank you and we hope to see you at the conference.